In 1841 you and I had together a tedious low-water trip, on a Steam Boat from Louisville to St. Louis... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:In 1841 you and I had together a tedious low-water trip, on a Steam Boat from Louisville to St. Louis. You may remember, as I well do, that from Louisville to the mouth of the Ohio there were, on board, ten or a dozen slaves, shackled together with irons. That sight was a continual torment to me; and I see something like it every time I touch the Ohio, or any other slave-border. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Louis Pasteur, the great scientist, said "chance favours the prepared mind", which is a posh way of saying 'do your homework', but it's an excellent piece of advice. - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 09:59 AM
Last Post: soni
  I was very, very shocked about Cooperstown. I thought my chances were fairly good, but I tried to stay low key about it, not too high and not too low. That was the way I played, too. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 6 08-21-2017, 06:27 AM
  When you live from freelance check to freelance check, your mind is always on "What's the next piece I'm going to write, or draw, that'll pay this month's rent?" And so going out to play ball with my kids was a low priority. - Al Jaffee Quotes soni 0 7 08-19-2017, 10:34 PM
  In my opinion, Louis Armstrong is the greatest trumpet stylist of all time and has influenced every trumpet player of his time and long after - Al Hirt Quotes soni 0 5 08-19-2017, 10:29 PM
  Of all the works of civilization that interfere with the natural water distribution system, irrigation has been by far the most pervasive and powerful. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-17-2017, 06:53 AM