In the way our Fathers originally left the slavery question, the institution was in the course of ultimate extinction... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:In the way our Fathers originally left the slavery question, the institution was in the course of ultimate extinction, and the public mind rested in the belief that it was in the course of ultimate extinction.... All I have asked or desired anywhere, is that it should be placed back again upon the basis that the Fathers of our government originally placed it upon. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: soni
  All the effort went into getting there and then I had nothing left. I thought I'd got somewhere, then I found I had to go on. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:05 PM
  An article on playwrights in the Daily Mail , listed according to Hard Left, Soft Left, Hard Right, Soft Right and Centre. I am not listed. I should probably come under Soft Centre. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
  Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angelshine about them, and though it wears thin sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heart. - Alan Beck Quotes soni 0 18 09-21-2017, 11:47 PM
  I feel like there's too many paintings left unpainted that I just don't want to take the time away. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 17 09-19-2017, 10:41 PM