A fellow once came to me to ask for an appointment as a minister abroad. Finding he could not get that, he came... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:A fellow once came to me to ask for an appointment as a minister abroad. Finding he could not get that, he came down to some more modest position. Finally, he asked to be made a tide-waiter. When he saw he could not get that, he asked me for an old pair of trousers. It is sometimes well to be humble ... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My fellow Americans, people all over the world, we need to solve the climate crisis, it's not a political issue, it's a moral issue... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-17-2017, 07:04 AM
Last Post: soni
  Harvard's Kennedy School of Government asked me to serve as a fellow at its Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics, and Public Policy... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-11-2017, 10:18 PM
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM
  Abroad, they have covered pretty much all subjects, explored every possibility, every twist. So similarities between ideas you have and those filmed abroad are quite possible. - Ajay Devgan Quotes soni 0 9 07-31-2017, 10:09 PM
  Love, oneness, is no separation between you and life. It is a progressive letting go, a progressive not fault finding. Just do nothing and love this moment. Its very beautiful and very deep. - Ajahn Brahm Quotes soni 0 3 07-31-2017, 06:57 AM