I can not but hate the prospect of slavery's expansion. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:I can not but hate the prospect of slavery's expansion. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world-enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites-causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everybody says we hated the Yankees. We didn't hate the Yankees. We just hated the way they beat us. - Al Lopez Quotes soni 0 6 08-22-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: soni
  I'm still a recluse. I still hate everyone. I'm still a misanthrope. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 9 08-20-2017, 08:59 AM
  We now face the prospect of a kind of global civil war between those who refuse to consider the consequences of civilization's relentless... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 12 08-16-2017, 10:32 PM
  Our insatiable drive to rummage deep beneath the surface of the earth is a willful expansion of our dysfunctional civilization into Nature. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-14-2017, 10:23 PM
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 15 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM