The purposes of the Almighty are perfect, and must prevail, though we erring mortals may fail to accurately perceive them in advance... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:The purposes of the Almighty are perfect, and must prevail, though we erring mortals may fail to accurately perceive them in advance. We hoped for a happy termination of this terrible war long before this; but God knows best, and has ruled otherwise. We shall yet acknowledge His wisdom, and our own error therein. Meanwhile we must work earnestly in the best lights He gives us, trusting that so working still conduces to the great ends He ordains. Surely He intends some great good to follow this mighty convulsion, which no mortal could make, and no mortal could stay. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everyone should fail in a big way at least once before reaching forty. - Al Neuharth Quotes soni 0 5 6 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  As long as you gave it your best shot, even if in the opinion of others 'you failed,' you didn't fail. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
  No child wants to fail. Everyone wants to succeed. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 5 08-19-2017, 06:53 AM
  Teach success before teaching responsibility. Teach them to believe in themselves. Teach them to think, 'I'm not stupid'. No child wants to fail. Everyone wants to succeed. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 6 08-19-2017, 06:50 AM
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 15 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM