What constitutes the bulwark of our liberty and independence? It is not our frowning battlements, our bristling sea-coasts... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:What constitutes the bulwark of our liberty and independence? It is not our frowning battlements, our bristling sea-coasts, our army and our navy. ... Our reliance is in the love of liberty which God has planted in us. Our defense is in the spirit which prized liberty as the heritage of all men in all lands everywhere. Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism at your own doors. ... you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises among you. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've never seen the point of the sea, except where it meets the land. The shore has a point. The sea has none. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: soni
  Nothing important was ever accomplished without chutzpah. Columbus had chutzpah. The signers of the Declaration of Independence had chutzpah. Don't ever aim doubt at yourself. Laugh at yourself, but don't doubt yourself. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 20 09-18-2017, 09:25 PM
  I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea. - Alain Gerbault Quotes soni 0 13 09-13-2017, 09:44 PM
  I had fought on behalf of man against the sea, but I realized that it had become more urgent to fight on behalf of the sea against men. - Alain Bombard Quotes soni 0 10 09-05-2017, 09:59 PM
  It is true that Mr. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, after which there was a commitment to give 40 acres and a mule... - Al Sharpton Quotes soni 0 10 08-28-2017, 10:11 PM