What constitutes the bulwark of our liberty and independence? It is not our frowning battlements, our bristling sea-coasts... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:What constitutes the bulwark of our liberty and independence? It is not our frowning battlements, our bristling sea-coasts, our army and our navy. ... Our reliance is in the love of liberty which God has planted in us. Our defense is in the spirit which prized liberty as the heritage of all men in all lands everywhere. Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism at your own doors. ... you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises among you. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: soni
  The Founders who crafted our Constitution and Bill of Rights were careful to draft a Constitution of limited powers - one that would protect Americans' liberty at all times - both in war, and in peace. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 10 08-10-2017, 06:50 PM
  I'd just like to say I'm sailing with the rock, and I'll be back like Independence Day, with Jesus June 6. Like the movie, big mother ship and all, I'll be back. - Aileen Wuornos Quotes soni 0 10 07-24-2017, 07:02 AM
  Any nation which for an extended period puts pleasure before liberty is likely to lose the liberty it misused. - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes soni 0 23 07-23-2017, 11:03 PM
  Between the scribe who has read and the prophet who has seen there is a difference as wide as the sea... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes soni 0 10 07-23-2017, 02:33 PM