As the chief speaker at the dedication of the national cemetery at the Gettysburg Battlefield, statesman Edward Everett wrote to... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:As the chief speaker at the dedication of the national cemetery at the Gettysburg Battlefield, statesman Edward Everett wrote to Lincoln: I should be glad if I could flatter myself that I came as near to the central idea of the occasion in two hours as you did in two minutes. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The climate, financial and national security crises are all connected. They share the same cause: Our [the USA's] absurd dependency on foreign oil... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 10:27 PM
Last Post: soni
  George Orwell once wrote that a false belief sooner or later collides with physical reality, usually on a battlefield. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 10:24 PM
  Israel has its own right as a nation to defend its national security. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  I wrote newspaper articles professionally for seven years, and I love newspapers. I'm hopeful that new business models will emerge that allow the newspaper culture to genuinely thrive in the digital age. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:25 PM
  I wrote newspaper articles professionally for seven years, and I love newspapers. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-16-2017, 07:42 AM