Accounts of outrages committed by mobs form the every-day news of the times. They have pervaded the country from... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Accounts of outrages committed by mobs form the every-day news of the times. They have pervaded the country from New England to Louisiana, they are neither peculiar to the eternal snows of the former nor the burning suns of the latter; they are not the creature of climate, neither are they confined to the slaveholding or the non-slaveholding States. Alike they spring up among the pleasure-hunting masters of Southern slaves, and the order-loving citizens of the land of steady habits. Whatever then their cause may be, it is common to the whole country. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The day I made that statement, about the inventing the internet, I was tired because I'd been up all night inventing the Camcorder. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  We face a climate crisis now that is the most serious challenge our civilization has ever confronted. And the greatest country in the world [America] has to remain a part of this unprecedented global agreement to deal with it. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 11 hours ago
  Fake news has been around as long as news has been around. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 11 hours ago
  How could this Y2K be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft? - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 11 hours ago
  For a free country to continue thriving, there have to be regular reforms, because any society, any economy that stays in place,... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 10:53 PM