I do not allow myself to suppose that either the convention or the League, have concluded to decide that I am either the
Quote:I do not allow myself to suppose that either the convention or the League, have concluded to decide that I am either the greatest or the best man in America, but rather they have concluded it is not best to swap horses while crossing the river, and have further concluded that I am not so poor a horse that they might not make a botch of it in trying to swap. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It hurt me a great deal. It put a lot of pressure on me because I was at a young age and the writers around here and throughout the league starting comparing me to Cobb. It put a lot of pressure on me. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 06:25 AM
Last Post: soni
  The United States has an absolute, uncompromising commitment to Israel's security and an absolute conviction that Israel alone must decide... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-16-2017, 10:24 PM
  All concluded that Russia did in fact interfere in the 2016 election in order to, quote, help President-elect Trump's election chances when possible... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-10-2017, 07:21 AM
  I love my country and I love my league. - Al Davis Quotes soni 0 13 08-09-2017, 10:35 PM
  I suppose all of my films have a common theme. If I think about it, though, the only theme I can think of is really a question: Why can’t people be happier together? - Akira Kurosawa Quotes soni 0 11 08-05-2017, 04:52 PM