I am approached with the most opposite opinions and advice, and that by religious men, who are equally certain that they represent... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:I am approached with the most opposite opinions and advice, and that by religious men, who are equally certain that they represent the Divine will. I hope it will not be irreverent for me to say that if it is probable that God would reveal His will to others, on a point so connected with my duty, it might be supposed that He would reveal it directly to me These are not, however, the days of miracles, I must study the plain, physical facts of the case, ascertain what is possible, and learn what appears to be wise and right. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speaking from my own religious tradition in this Christmas season, 2,000 years ago a homeless woman gave birth to a homeless child in a manger because the inn was full. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Last Post: soni
  When you look at what has happened over the last few decades the natural fluctuations point in the opposite direction of what has actually... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 07:17 AM
  Throughout history, religious wars have always been the most brutal and cruel and merciless. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:45 AM
  There was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:09 PM
  And just as the false assumption that we are not connected to the earth has led to the ecological crisis, so to the equally false assumption that we arenot connected to each other that has led to our social crisis. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 07:27 AM