In the early days of the world, the Almighty said to the first of our race "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:In the early days of the world, the Almighty said to the first of our race "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread"; and since then, if we except the light and the air of heaven, no good thing has been, or can be enjoyed by us, without having first cost labour. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: soni
  Had your forefathers, Wigglesworth, been as stupid as you are, the human race would never have succeeded in procreating itself. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
  There are more microbes per person than the entire population of the world. Imagine that. Per person. This means that if the time scale is diminished in ... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:05 PM
  ... Once I start a book I finish it. That was the way one was brought up. Books, bread and butter, mashed potato - one finishes what's on one's plate. That's always been my philosophy. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  The days weren't long enough for the reading she wanted to do. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 12 09-22-2017, 10:28 AM