Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've never forgotten that experience. But I had nobody at school that was either like Hector or Irwin. The masters had no idea what was expected of you in the scholarship exam, so you just had to busk it really. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 31 09-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: soni
  I have never understood disliking for war. It panders to instincts already catered for within the scope of any respectable domestic establishment. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-23-2017, 06:49 PM
  Why do we not care to acknowledge them? The cattle, the body count. We still don't like to admit the war was even partly... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
  War is war and Hell is hell, and if you ask me, War is a lot worse. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 21 09-16-2017, 07:47 AM
  We're coming off a quarter here that was in-line with our expectations, but much lower at WPZ due to Geismar's extended outage and a continued heavy capital investing period all as was expected. - Alan Armstrong Quotes soni 0 14 09-15-2017, 10:41 AM