Nor must Uncle Sam's Web-feet be forgotten. At all the watery margins they have been present... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Nor must Uncle Sam's Web-feet be forgotten. At all the watery margins they have been present. Not only on the deep sea, the broadbay, and the rapid river, but also up the narrow muddy bayou, and wherever the ground was a little damp, they have been, and made their tracks. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  During the Reagan Administration, Bob Dole was present at a ceremony that included each living ex-president. Looking at a tableau of Ford, Carter and Nixon, Dole said, 'There they are: Hear No Evil, See No Evil and Evil.' - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 1 08-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: soni
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM
  I am sick and tired of publicity. I want no more of it. It puts me in a bad light. I just want to be forgotten. - Al Capone Quotes soni 0 8 08-08-2017, 10:39 PM
  I always check my harness before I do a stunt; I test-drive the cars I have to race or explode; I'm present at all pyrotechnical rehearsals... - Akshay Kumar Quotes soni 0 12 08-08-2017, 07:28 AM
  In [The New Poetry] I had attacked the British poets' nervous preference for gentility above all else, and their avoidance of the uncomfortable, destructive truths both of the inner life and of the present time. - Al Alvarez Quotes soni 0 8 08-07-2017, 07:07 PM