If it were not for my firm belief in an overruling Providence, it would be difficult for me, in the midst of such complications of affairs... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:If it were not for my firm belief in an overruling Providence, it would be difficult for me, in the midst of such complications of affairs, to keep my reason on its seat. But I am confident that the Almighty has His plans, and will work them out; and, whether we see it or not, they will be the best for us. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's such a wide variation in tax systems around the world, it's difficult to imagine a harmonized CO2 tax that every country agrees to... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Last Post: soni
  The signs that the world is spinning out of kilter are increasingly difficult to misinterpret. The question is how to convince enough people to join a critical mass of urgent opinion, in the U.S. and the rest of the world. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-15-2017, 10:43 PM
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM
  Some of my colleagues seem more interested in using every procedural method possible to keep the Senate from doing anything than they are in creating jobs or helping Americans struggling in a difficult economy. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 9 08-10-2017, 07:26 AM
  Twentieth-century art may start with nothing, but it flourishes by virtue of its belief in itself, in the possibility of control over... - Al Alvarez Quotes soni 0 9 08-07-2017, 07:11 PM