was asked by an aide about the church service he had attended. Lincoln responded that the minister was inspired... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:was asked by an aide about the church service he had attended. Lincoln responded that the minister was inspired, interesting, well-prepared, eloquent and the topic relevant. The aide said, “Then it was a good service?” Lincoln responded, “No.” The aide protested, “But, Mr. President, you said that the minister was inspired, interesting, well-prepared, eloquent, and that the topic was relevant.” “Yes,” replied Lincoln, “but he didn’t challenge us to do any great thing. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I once asked my oldest daughter [Julia Marie] if she thought about changing her name in school and she said, "No, I'm a Pacino. That's my name."... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Pretty soon I'll start worrying about [my fame] because [my children] carry my name and they have that exposure. The whole thing is, they never asked for it, that kingdom. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 2 hours ago
  My weaknesses... I wish I could come up with something. I'd probably have the same pause if you asked me what my strengths are. Maybe they're the same thing. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 6 08-22-2017, 10:59 PM
  I sat on the piano bench next to my mother in church. Something happened before I set foot on this planet. I was crawling around inside of her. She was a church pianist. My dad was a brilliant singer. I was hearing it. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 9 08-19-2017, 11:13 PM
  I did a concert at five years old in the garden of one of the church members, and we raised some money to buy a new piano in our little church. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:10 PM