If as the friends of colonization hope, the present and coming generations of our countrymen shall by any means... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:If as the friends of colonization hope, the present and coming generations of our countrymen shall by any means, succeed in freeing our land from the dangerous presence of slavery; and, at the same time, in restoring a captive people to their long-lost father-land, with bright prospects for the future; and this too, so gradually, that neither races nor individuals shall have suffered by the change, it will indeed be a glorious consummation. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The era of procrastination...is coming to a close...we are entering a period of consequences - Winston Churchill (warning about the danger of appeasement - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 11 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  It is my deep personal conviction that abortion is wrong. I hope that some day we will see the current outrageously large number of abortions... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 9 hours ago
  Adopting a central organizing principle means embarking on an all-out effort to use every policy and program, every law and institution, to halt the destruction of the environment. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 08:15 AM
  I'm naturally an optimist, but my basis for hope is rooted in my understanding of human nature. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:29 AM
  I have always been fascinated with those who try to look over the horizon and see things that are coming at us. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:24 AM