And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States, and parts of States, are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I am doing nothing, I like to be doing nothing to some purpose. That is what leisure means. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: soni
  I lack what the English call character, by which they mean the power to refrain. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 8 09-23-2017, 06:01 PM
  Never underestimate the power of denial. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 27 09-21-2017, 11:39 PM
  I support public and private partnerships whenever appropriate in order to achieve our goal of a prosperous and vibrant downtown. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 7 09-19-2017, 10:11 PM
  It cannot take decades to resurrect, we must act immediately with purpose and enthusiasm to rebuild. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 10 09-19-2017, 10:10 PM