We know, Southern men declare that their slaves are better off than hired laborers amongst us. How little they know, whereof they speak!... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:We know, Southern men declare that their slaves are better off than hired laborers amongst us. How little they know, whereof they speak! There is no permanent class of hired laborers amongst us. Twenty-five years ago, I was a hired laborer. The hired laborer of yesterday, labors on his own account today; and will hire others to labor for him tomorrow. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Economists who speak the English tongue are strangely intimidated by mathematical symbols. - Al Nichol Quotes soni 0 5 08-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Last Post: soni
  Punk rock really influenced me, the basic metal bands, Zeppelin, Stones and Floyd, and Southern rock bands. I think I was pretty well-rounded. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 11 08-20-2017, 08:59 AM
  To use a Southern euphemism, our space program has been snake-bit. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 07:19 AM
  There was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-15-2017, 10:09 PM
  I would distinguish between Donald Trump and the United States of America. Although he is president, he does not speak for the country... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-15-2017, 10:01 PM