Much is being said about peace; and no man desires peace more ardently than I. Still I am yet unprepared to give up the Union for a peace which... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Much is being said about peace; and no man desires peace more ardently than I. Still I am yet unprepared to give up the Union fora peace which, so achieved, could not be of much duration. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That's a bit like asking a man crawling across the Sahara whether he would prefer Perrier or Malvern water. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-22-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: soni
  Life is suffering. We have desires and expectations and egos, and we compare the reality we have, which is miraculous and wondrous, with this reality we desire... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-20-2017, 07:17 PM
  Cats names are more for human benefit. They give one a certain degree more confidence that the animal belongs to you. - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:29 PM
  We must do more to protect our neighborhoods and give integrity to our community plans. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 14 09-19-2017, 10:13 PM
  I do not believe that defending traditional marriage between one man and one woman excludes anybody or usurps anybody's civil rights and denies anybody their civil rights. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 9 09-19-2017, 10:11 PM