Most governments have been based, practically, on the denial of equal rights of menours began, by affirming those rights... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Most governments have been based, practically, on the denial of equal rights of menours began, by affirming those rights. They said, some men are too ignorant, and vicious, to share in government. Possibly so, said we; and, by your system, you would always keep them ignorant, and vicious. We proposed to give all a chance; and we expected the weak to grow stronger, the ignorant wiser; and all better, and happier together. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never underestimate the power of denial. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 27 09-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Last Post: soni
  I do not believe that defending traditional marriage between one man and one woman excludes anybody or usurps anybody's civil rights and denies anybody their civil rights. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 9 09-19-2017, 10:11 PM
  When I started out as an actor, I thought, Here's what I have to say; how shall I say it? I began to understand that what I do in the scene... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 14 09-18-2017, 09:24 PM
  We are living in a world where everything is based on security. - Alain Robert Quotes soni 0 16 09-14-2017, 12:43 PM
  Once I began to consider everything as being of potential interest, objects released latent layers of value. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 15 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM