No one has needed favours more than I, and generally, few have been less unwilling to accept them; but in this case, favour to me... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:No one has needed favours more than I, and generally, few have been less unwilling to accept them; but in this case, favour to me,would be injustice to the public, and therefore I must beg your pardon for declining it. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All of us can make changes, but the changes that are most needed are not light bulbs and windows but laws and policies and treaties... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 06:54 AM
Last Post: soni
  My counsel advises me that there is no controlling legal authority or case that says there was any violation of law whatsoever. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:44 AM
  There are some bright spots, to be sure, but the internet is still in a Wild West phase, as was the case during the early age of the printing press as well. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 07:58 AM
  If we did not take action to solve this crisis, it could indeed threaten the future of human civilization. That sounds shrill. It sounds hard to accept. I believe it's deadly accurate. But again, we can solve it. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 07:29 AM
  During Vietnam, I was in college, enjoying my student deferment. The government wisely felt that, in my case, military service was less important than completing my studies to prepare me for my chosen career: comedian. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-12-2017, 06:21 AM