Twenty years ago I wanted to move to a nice place so our Charley would grow up a nice boy and learn a profession... - Abraham Polonsky Quotes
Quote:Twenty years ago I wanted to move to a nice place so our Charley would grow up a nice boy and learn a profession. But instead we live in a jungle, so he can only be a wild animal. D'you think I picked the East Side like Columbus picked America? - Abraham Polonsky Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's a coup by the GOP to grab the governorship to California to make this place a safe haven for George W. Bush in 2004. It's incredible when you think about it. The recall cost the state $100 million - Al Jardine Quotes soni 0 2 1 hour ago
Last Post: soni
  There's no way to learn how to write a hit song. There's no formula for it. You just have to have it inside of you. - Al Jardine Quotes soni 0 2 1 hour ago
  I kind of knew something was going on, and my older brothers and sisters were singing be-boppish kinds of stuff in the living room, and I was listening. I started singing, warmer than a summer night, at seven or eight years old. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 10 hours ago
  I've been saying for almost 20 years that I need to do a jazz project and it ought to be either big band or I should do some jazz songs with a trio or quartet. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 10 hours ago
  I did a concert at five years old in the garden of one of the church members, and we raised some money to buy a new piano in our little church. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 1 10 hours ago