The key to your happiness is to own your slippers, own who you are, own how you look, own your family, own the talents you have... - Abraham Verghese Quotes
Quote:The key to your happiness is to own your slippers, own who you are, own how you look, own your family, own the talents you have, and own the ones you don't. If you keep saying your slippers aren't yours, then you'll die searching, you'll die bitter, always feeling you were promised more. Not only our actions, but also our omissions, become our destiny. - Abraham Verghese Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One recipe for happiness is to have to sense of entitlement.' To this she added a star and noted at the bottom of the page: 'This is not a lesson I have ever been in a position to learn. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 7 09-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Last Post: soni
  Life is like a box of sardines and we are all looking for the key. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:28 AM
  Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM
  I guess in America we're so sold on this ideal of the perfect, well-adjusted family that is able to confront any conflict and, with true love and understanding, work things through... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-21-2017, 11:42 PM
  You know, I'm gay and I grew up being aware of that at a very early age, in a fairly repressed family. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 13 09-21-2017, 11:35 PM