Once a sage asked why scholars always flock to the doors of the rich, whilst the rich are not inclined to call at the doors of scholars... - Abu Rayhan al-Biruni Quotes
Quote:Once a sage asked why scholars always flock to the doors of the rich, whilst the rich are not inclined to call at the doors of scholars. ‘The scholars‘ he answered , ‘are well aware of the use of money, but the rich are ignorant of the nobility of science.’ - Abu Rayhan al-Biruni Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 6 08-20-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: soni
  They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed. The only difference between being eccentric and being nuts is the number of security boxes you own. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 6 08-20-2017, 06:40 PM
  Don't call me son unless you're going to include me in your will. (When Adolph Rupp called him, "Son.") - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 4 08-20-2017, 06:33 PM
  Rich could play way better than Krupa. - Al Hirt Quotes soni 0 4 08-19-2017, 10:30 PM
  I affirm my faith when I'm asked about it. But I always try to do so in a way that communicates absolute respect, not only for people... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-15-2017, 07:18 AM