The perfect mystic is not an ecstatic devotee lost in contemplation of Oneness, nor a saintly recluse shunning all commerce with mankind... - Abu-Sa'id Abul-Khayr Quotes
Quote:The perfect mystic is not an ecstatic devotee lost in contemplation of Oneness, nor a saintly recluse shunning all commerce with mankind, but "the true saint" goes in and out amongst the people and eats and sleeps with them and buys and sells in the market and marries and takes part in social intercourse, and never forgets God for a single moment. - Abu-Sa'id Abul-Khayr Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fate of mankind, as well as religion, depends on the emergence of a new faith in the future. Armed with such a faith, we might find it possible to resanctify the earth. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 08:03 AM
Last Post: soni
  Minnesotans lost their jobs because the credit rating agencies didn't do the only job they're supposed to have, the only job they had, which is to give accurate, objective ratings to financial products. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-12-2017, 06:36 AM
  I've lost a million and a half on the horses and dice in the last two years. And the funny part is, I still like 'em, and if someone handed me another million I'd put it right in the nose of some horse that looked good to me. - Al Capone Quotes soni 0 16 08-08-2017, 10:42 PM
  The misery which follows pleasure is the pleasure which follows misery. The pleasure and misery of mankind revolve like a wheel. - Akkineni Nagarjuna Quotes soni 0 11 08-06-2017, 08:55 PM
  No supernatural can exist for the mankind that does not want to believe it. - Akiane Kramarik Quotes soni 0 12 08-04-2017, 04:36 PM