Crime is fast destroying the moral fabric of South African cities, and is becoming a major threat to South African democracy... - Achille Mbembe Quotes
Quote:Crime is fast destroying the moral fabric of South African cities, and is becoming a major threat to South African democracy as well as the prominent manifestation of a "class war" that is largely a continuation of the "race war" of yesterday. - Achille Mbembe Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schweitzer in the Congo did not derive more moral credit than Larkin did for living in Hull. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: soni
  I'm from the South, so while I personally find it impossible to live there, I still have a fondness for it as a geographical region. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 15 09-20-2017, 07:28 PM
  Eventually there are going to be cities in space. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 15 09-19-2017, 10:45 PM
  Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions. - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 11 09-19-2017, 10:34 PM
  Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions. - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 14 09-19-2017, 10:32 PM