A recent report by UNEP and Interpol estimated that between 50 to 90 per cent of logging in key tropical countries of the Amazon basin... - Achim Steiner Quotes
Quote:A recent report by UNEP and Interpol estimated that between 50 to 90 per cent of logging in key tropical countries of the Amazon basin, Central Africa and South East Asia is being carried out by organized crime. This threatens not only attempts to eradicate poverty and deforestation but also efforts to combat climate change. - Achim Steiner Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was very, very shocked about Cooperstown. I thought my chances were fairly good, but I tried to stay low key about it, not too high and not too low. That was the way I played, too. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 6 08-21-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: soni
  Distributed intelligence is the key to the advancement of human civilization. Dictatorships, communist countries, monarchies in the past all eventually collapsed because of their inefficiency in moving information. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-18-2017, 09:55 PM
  The key.. will be a new public awareness of how serious is the threat to the global environment... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 13 08-17-2017, 09:54 PM
  We must also promote global access to the Internet. We need to bridge the digital divide not just within our country, but among countries... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-16-2017, 10:29 PM
  The gay rights movement of recent years has been an inspiring victory for humanity and it is in the tradition of the civil rights movement... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-15-2017, 10:46 PM