A recent report by UNEP and Interpol estimated that between 50 to 90 per cent of logging in key tropical countries of the Amazon basin... - Achim Steiner Quotes
Quote:A recent report by UNEP and Interpol estimated that between 50 to 90 per cent of logging in key tropical countries of the Amazon basin, Central Africa and South East Asia is being carried out by organized crime. This threatens not only attempts to eradicate poverty and deforestation but also efforts to combat climate change. - Achim Steiner Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life is like a box of sardines and we are all looking for the key. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: soni
  Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM
  What then are doing if not creating a better place together? I think, for me the key has to be, what do I want to create? What is it I want to leave behind? - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 10 09-18-2017, 09:25 PM
  The proportion of ingredients is important, but the final result is also a matter of how you put them together. Equilibrium is key. - Alain Ducasse Quotes soni 0 8 09-13-2017, 09:34 PM
  We are sad at home and blame the weather and the ugliness of the buildings, but on the tropical island we learn... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 17 09-12-2017, 07:32 AM