The one object of fifty years of abstract art is to present art-as-art and as nothing else, to make it into the one thing it is only... - Ad Reinhardt Quotes
Quote:The one object of fifty years of abstract art is to present art-as-art and as nothing else, to make it into the one thing it is only, separating and defining it more and more, making it purer and emptier, more absolute and more exclusive - non-objective, non-representational, non-figurative, non-imagist, non-expressionist, non-subjective. the only and one way to say what abstract art or art-as-art is, is to say what it is not. - Ad Reinhardt Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You always feel the drawing you are working on is the best you've ever done... I am only interested in the present. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Life isn't a science. We make it up as we go. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
  Life is an art, not a science. You make it up as you go along. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
  Theres a lot of churches that hide their dirty laundry under the rug, and I know about that from being in the church 27 years. Oh, yeah. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
  People still come up to me and ask me to sign their records. That's right, records! Man, they don't even make records no more! - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 2 hours ago