It is all very well to say that children are happier with mud pies and rag dolls than with these elaborate delights... - Ada Leverson Quotes
Quote:It is all very well to say that children are happier with mud pies and rag dolls than with these elaborate delights. There may be something in this theory, but when their amusements are carried to such a point of luxurious and imaginative perfection it certainly gives them great and even unlimited enjoyment at the time. - Ada Leverson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Were we closer to the ground as children, or is the grass emptier now? - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Last Post: soni
  Children always assume the sexual lives of their parents come to a grinding halt at their conception. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
  We were put to Dickens as children but it never quite took. That unremitting humanity soon had me cheesed off. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM
  A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot. - Alan Beck Quotes soni 0 15 09-21-2017, 11:45 PM
  I do very well three things: my job, stupidities and children. - Alain Delon Quotes soni 0 11 09-13-2017, 09:30 PM