Today, when so much seems to conspire to reduce life and feeling to the most deprived and demeaning bottom line... - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes
Quote:Today, when so much seems to conspire to reduce life and feeling to the most deprived and demeaning bottom line, it is more important than ever that we receive that extra dimension of dignity or delight and the elevated sense of self that the art of building can provide through the nature of the places where we live and work. What counts more than style is whether architecture improves our experience of the built world; whether it makes us wonder why we never noticed places in quite this way before. - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The crisis is a concrete threatening reality today. It stands to get catastrophically worse unless we take action before the accumulation... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 1 hour ago
Last Post: soni
  Our way of life is at stake, our grandchildren are at stake, the future of civilization is at stake. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 1 hour ago
  Throughout most of my life, I raised tobacco. I want you to know that my own hands, all of my life, I put in the plant beds and transferred it!... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 07:15 AM
  It seems an easy choice - sacrifice the tree for a human life - until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 07:15 AM
  Clouds of a different sort signal an environmental holocaust without precedent. Once again, world leaders waffle, hoping the danger will dissipate. Yet today the evidence is as clear as the sounds of glass shattering in Berlin. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:09 AM