Until the first blow fell, no one was convinced that Penn Station really would be demolished, or that New York would permit this monumental... - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes
Quote:Until the first blow fell, no one was convinced that Penn Station really would be demolished, or that New York would permit this monumental act of vandalism against one of the largest and finest landmarks of its age of Roman elegance. Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves. Even when we had Penn Station, we couldn’t afford to keep it clean. We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The longer I practise medicine, the more convinced I am there are only two types of cases: those that involve taking the trousers off and those that don't. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: soni
  I am convinced that your Mayor must take the leadership role in education too. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 13 09-19-2017, 10:14 PM
  I've sat looking down into a volcano that could blow at any moment; I've helped catch a shark and several rattlesnakes; I let a tarantula walk across my hand, and I ate rat soup. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-18-2017, 09:28 PM
  I saw part of The Singing Detective on TV in New York. I said, Something is going on here. - Alain Resnais Quotes soni 0 11 09-14-2017, 12:34 PM
  A German team could be quite good. But maybe they are a little bit too convinced that they are the best. - Alain Prost Quotes soni 0 19 09-13-2017, 09:55 PM