Until the first blow fell, no one was convinced that Penn Station really would be demolished, or that New York would permit this monumental... - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes
Quote:Until the first blow fell, no one was convinced that Penn Station really would be demolished, or that New York would permit this monumental act of vandalism against one of the largest and finest landmarks of its age of Roman elegance. Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves. Even when we had Penn Station, we couldn’t afford to keep it clean. We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I did not want to leave the Mets and I did not want to leave New York. - Al Leiter Quotes soni 0 14 08-21-2017, 07:00 AM
Last Post: soni
  In the, uh, '30s and '40s, the Brill Building was the hub of, uh, musical activity in Tin Pan Alley in New York City. I believe Irving Berlin was there, and uh, and everything just centered around there. - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 12 08-21-2017, 06:40 AM
  I come from New York where, if you fall down, someone will pick you up by your wallet. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 12 08-20-2017, 06:45 PM
  I'm not saying that they were Einsteins; they were marginal students. But every ballplayer whoever touched me has moved up his station in life. And the players moved up my station. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 6 08-20-2017, 06:38 PM
  The more deeply I search for the roots of the global environmental crisis, the more I am convinced that it is an outer manifestation... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 07:27 AM