One of the most basic human instincts is the need to decorate. Nothing is exempt - the body, the objects one uses, from intimate to monumental... - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes
Quote:One of the most basic human instincts is the need to decorate. Nothing is exempt - the body, the objects one uses, from intimate to monumental, and all personal and ceremonial space. It is an instinct that responds ... to some deep inner urge that has been variously described as the horror of a vacuum and the need to put one's imprint on at least one small segment of the world. - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems an easy choice - sacrifice the tree for a human life - until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Today, 07:15 AM
Last Post: soni
  It is just human nature to take time to connect the dots, I know that. But I also know that there can be a day of reckoning when you wish you had connected the dots more quickly. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
  We the human species, are confronting a planetary emergency-a threat to the survival of our civilization that is gathering ominous and destructive potential... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  We have arrived at a moment of decision. Our home-Earth-is in danger. What is at risk of being destroyed is not the planet itself, of course, but the conditions that have made it hospitable for human beings. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 08:13 AM
  I'm naturally an optimist, but my basis for hope is rooted in my understanding of human nature. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:29 AM