The skyscraper and the twentieth century are synonymous; the tall building is the landmark of our age.... - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes
Quote:The skyscraper and the twentieth century are synonymous; the tall building is the landmark of our age. ... Shaper of cities and fortunes, it is the dream, past and present, acknowledged or unacknowledged, of almost every architect. - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 24 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: soni
  You know, I'm gay and I grew up being aware of that at a very early age, in a fairly repressed family. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 13 09-21-2017, 11:35 PM
  Here's my Golden Rule for a tarnished age: Be fair with others, but keep after them until they're fair with you. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 13 09-16-2017, 07:38 AM
  But one of the things I learned from improvising is that all of life is an improvisation, whether you like it or not. Some of the greatest scientific discoveries of the 20th century came out of people dropping things. - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 10 09-15-2017, 10:46 AM
  When I climb a building, I've been there already, and carefully planned how to start the climb as well as how to do it. - Alain Robert Quotes soni 0 16 09-14-2017, 12:51 PM