The skyscraper and the twentieth century are synonymous; the tall building is the landmark of our age.... - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes
Quote:The skyscraper and the twentieth century are synonymous; the tall building is the landmark of our age. ... Shaper of cities and fortunes, it is the dream, past and present, acknowledged or unacknowledged, of almost every architect. - Ada Louise Huxtable Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was age six or seven, and singing, "Jesus wants me for her son, beep, to shine for him," and people smiled and pinched my cheeks till the blood vessels broke, and I knew I was doing something right. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 3 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  When our founders created America, it was in the age of the printing press, when individuals could freely join the conversation... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-18-2017, 10:23 PM
  I understand that being optimistic in this age is challenging, but I am optimistic nonetheless. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 10:21 PM
  Earlier in this century, the Heisenberg Principle established that the very act of observing a natural phenomenon can change what is being observed... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-18-2017, 10:17 PM
  The oil industry has outpaced the building of a public consensus of the implications of climate science. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 12 08-17-2017, 07:25 AM