We might even invent laws for series or formula in an arbitrary manner, and set the engine to work upon them... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:We might even invent laws for series or formula in an arbitrary manner, and set the engine to work upon them, and thus deduce numerical results which we might not otherwise have thought of obtaining; but this would hardly perhaps in any instance be productive of any great practical utility, or calculated to rank higher than as a philosophical amusement. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You learn your limitations and then you try to work within them. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 9 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I work to promote the idea of sustainable capitalism driven by long-term considerations rather than quarterly profits, which seeks to better people's lives and the planet rather than destroy them. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
  As important as it is to change the light bulbs, its more important to change the laws - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-17-2017, 09:43 PM
  All of us can make changes, but the changes that are most needed are not light bulbs and windows but laws and policies and treaties... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-17-2017, 06:54 AM
  I'm asking you in your sermons to do the work of the Lord here on earth. I ask for your help in getting that message out urgently tomorrow. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-17-2017, 06:48 AM