The Difference Engine can in reality (as has been already partly explained) do nothing but add; and any other processes... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:The Difference Engine can in reality (as has been already partly explained) do nothing but add; and any other processes, not excepting those of simple subtraction, multiplication and division, can be performed by it only just to that extent in which it is possible, by judicious mathematical arrangement and artifices, to reduce them to a series of additions. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [talking about the Holocaust] 'But to put something in context is a step towards saying it can be understood and that it can be explained... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 28 09-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Last Post: soni
  Why do we not care to acknowledge them? The cattle, the body count. We still don't like to admit the war was even partly... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
  What I'm above all primarily concerned with is the substance of life, the pith of reality. If I had to sum up my work, I suppose that's it really: I'm taking the pith out of reality. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM
  The difference between film and TV is the pace. You don't have the leisure of time in television. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 18 09-20-2017, 07:29 PM
  Life is suffering. We have desires and expectations and egos, and we compare the reality we have, which is miraculous and wondrous, with this reality we desire... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 10 09-20-2017, 07:17 PM