In studying the action of the Analytical Engine, we find that the peculiar and independent nature of the considerations which... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:In studying the action of the Analytical Engine, we find that the peculiar and independent nature of the considerations which in all mathematical analysis belong to operations, as distinguished from the objects operated upon and from the results of the operations performed upon those objects, is very strikingly defined and separated. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nature played a cruel trick on her by giving her a waxed mustache. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: soni
  But then books, as I'm sure you know, seldom prompt a course of action. Books generally just confirm you in what you have, perhaps unwittingly, decided to do already... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-23-2017, 06:03 PM
  If you find yourself born in Barnsley and then set your sights on being Virginia Woolf it is not going to be roses all the way. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 20 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
  You always know when you're going to arrive. If you go by car, you don't. Apart from anything else, I prefer cycling. It puts you in a good mood, I find. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-22-2017, 10:30 AM
  You don't put your life into your books, you find it there. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:24 AM