This one fact implies everything; and it is scarcely necessary to point out, for instance, that while the Difference Engine can merely tabulate... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:This one fact implies everything; and it is scarcely necessary to point out, for instance, that while the Difference Engine can merely tabulate, and is incapable of developing, the Analytical Engine can either tabulate or develope. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've never cared for guns. In fact, when I did 'Scent of a Woman' I had to learn how to assemble one. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 1 4 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The difference between the actor and the painter is that the actor would buy somebody a knish in order to have them watch him act. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:07 AM
  You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 06:53 AM
  On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is -- can you win or lose like a man? - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 06:49 AM
  I like women who can cook. That's first. Love is very important, but you've got to have a friend first - you want to finally come to a point where you say that the women you're with is also your friend. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 06:45 AM