Secondly, figures, the symbols of numerical magnitude, are frequently also the symbols of operations, as when they are the indices of powers... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:Secondly, figures, the symbols of numerical magnitude, are frequently also the symbols of operations, as when they are the indices of powers. Wherever terms have a shifting meaning, independent sets of considerations are liable to become complicated together, and reasoning and results are frequently falsified. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frequently on the lunar surface I said to myself, 'This is the Moon, that is the Earth. I'm really here, I'm really here!' - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 13 09-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Last Post: soni
  While it is true that we must seek value added industries like food processing plants and call center operations, we must do what is necessary to expand and develop our economic profile. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 13 09-19-2017, 10:15 PM
  I'm in the real world, some people try to steal from me, and I stop them, frequently, take them to court. I love a good lawsuit. It's fun. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 12 09-17-2017, 11:12 PM
  As victims of hurt, we frequently don't bring up what ails us, because so many wounds look absurd in the light of day. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 10 09-08-2017, 08:31 PM
  These latter institutions [the civil service, trade unions, media of all kinds], notably of course television, but more subtly the written press, are quite spectacular powers of unreason and ignorance. - Alain Badiou Quotes soni 0 12 09-06-2017, 07:46 AM