Indeed we may consider the engine as the material and mechanical representative of analysis, and that our actual working powers... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:Indeed we may consider the engine as the material and mechanical representative of analysis, and that our actual working powers in this department of human study will be enabled more effectually than heretofore to keep pace with our theoretical knowledge of its principles and laws, through the complete control which the engine gives us over the executive manipulation of algebraical and numerical symbols. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Founders of the U.S. gave the senators a term of office three times longer than that of a representative precisely to encourage... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Last Post: soni
  A free press is the immune system of representative democracy. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-14-2017, 10:28 PM
  ...it ought to be possible to establish a coordinated global program to accomplish the strategic goal of completely eliminating the internal combustion engine over, say, a twenty-five-year period. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 14 08-13-2017, 04:31 PM
  For me working on the marriage and not making the easy choice of cheating was something that I could not do. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 6 08-12-2017, 10:54 PM
  I had a great time working on the movies, both the major movies I've done. I've had a great time. I like the people in Hollywood a lot. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-12-2017, 06:55 AM