Indeed we may consider the engine as the material and mechanical representative of analysis, and that our actual working powers... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:Indeed we may consider the engine as the material and mechanical representative of analysis, and that our actual working powers in this department of human study will be enabled more effectually than heretofore to keep pace with our theoretical knowledge of its principles and laws, through the complete control which the engine gives us over the executive manipulation of algebraical and numerical symbols. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If they'd been working with Alec Guinness, for instance, they wouldn't have known they were born if they'd not towed the line! - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 29 09-23-2017, 07:03 PM
Last Post: soni
  Directing is physically exciting because there's a ticking clock, you're working with people, it's very social, it's very enjoyable. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 21 09-20-2017, 07:20 PM
  Working on The West Wing was similar in many ways to my experience on M*A*S*H, because you had people willing to work late at night to get it just right. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 20 09-16-2017, 07:43 AM
  I'm an angry person, angrier than most people would imagine, I get flashes of anger. What works for me is working out when it's useful to use that anger. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 11 09-16-2017, 07:31 AM
  I gotta keep busy. I'm not happy unless I'm working on two, three things. - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 12 09-15-2017, 10:48 AM