The method of differences is, in fact, a method of additions; and as it includes within its means a larger number of results attainable... - Ada Lovelace Quotes
Quote:The method of differences is, in fact, a method of additions; and as it includes within its means a larger number of results attainable by addition simply, than any other mathematical principle, it was very appropriately selected as the basis on which to construct an Adding Machine, so as to give to the powers of such a machine the widest possible range. - Ada Lovelace Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Global warming pollution, indeed all pollution, is now described by economists as an "externality." This absurd label means, in essence: we don't to keep track of this stuff so let's pretend it doesn't exist. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: soni
  I doubt nuclear power will play a much larger role than it does now. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 07:18 AM
  It is my deep personal conviction that abortion is wrong. I hope that some day we will see the current outrageously large number of abortions... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 10:00 PM
  Adopting a central organizing principle means embarking on an all-out effort to use every policy and program, every law and institution, to halt the destruction of the environment. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-16-2017, 08:15 AM
  In the age of the internet, with all of its problems, over time, the very fact that individuals can join the conversation creates the opportunity for the emergence of - for the re-emergence of a genuine conversation of democracy. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-16-2017, 08:14 AM