Instability mostly comes from the interface between the fact that the banks (or shadow banks) can create credit, money, and purchasing power... - Adair Turner, Baron Turner of Ecchinswell Quotes
Quote:Instability mostly comes from the interface between the fact that the banks (or shadow banks) can create credit, money, and purchasing power in infinite quantities if we don't constrain them, and the fact that credit is primarily created to fund the purchase of urban real estate and land, which is somewhat fixed in supply. - Adair Turner, Baron Turner of Ecchinswell Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The opening-night audience is mostly friends of the cast and backers of the show, and they cometo applaud their money. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 6 Today, 07:08 AM
Last Post: soni
  There are people who are genuinely upset in the Tea Party. I understand that. But that movement was funded with seed money... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 10:27 PM
  I am a passionate advocate of getting special interest money out of politics. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:15 PM
  I'm a big fan of Bitcoin ... Regulation of money supply needs to be depoliticized. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 09:46 PM
  If the people that believed the moon landing was staged on a movie lot had access to unlimited money from large carbon polluters ... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 09:39 PM