New laws, new kinds of things can emerge as the universe evolves. The more moving parts you have in something... - Adam Frank Quotes
Quote:New laws, new kinds of things can emerge as the universe evolves. The more moving parts you have in something, the more possibilities there are. There's a whole new science now of complexity, and what we see is that complexity requires a very different approach than the kind of bottom-up approach that fundamental physics has always used. We're gonna have to think about the world in a different way if we want to address complex systems. - Adam Frank Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All of us can make changes, but the changes that are most needed are not light bulbs and windows but laws and policies and treaties... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 8 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I wrote newspaper articles professionally for seven years, and I love newspapers. I'm hopeful that new business models will emerge that allow the newspaper culture to genuinely thrive in the digital age. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 10:25 PM
  It's an important point, and every little bit helps not least because those who make those kinds of changes are more likely to make their voices heard as citizens. But the ultimate solutions are going to come through policies. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
  When we respond to threats immediately and take action right away, it's usually the threats that we're hard-wired to respond to, the kinds of things that our ancestors survived. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
  I have always been fascinated with those who try to look over the horizon and see things that are coming at us. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:24 AM