When handsome men or beautiful women take up the work of the intellect, it impresses us because we know they could have chosen... - Adam Gopnik Quotes
Quote:When handsome men or beautiful women take up the work of the intellect, it impresses us because we know they could have chosen other paths to being impressive; that they chose the path of the mind suggests that there is on it something more worthwhile than a circuitous route to the good things that the good-looking get just by showing up. - Adam Gopnik Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You learn your limitations and then you try to work within them. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 7 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I didn't have a mother; I had a mama. I measure other women by the stature of my mama. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 8 hours ago
  I work to promote the idea of sustainable capitalism driven by long-term considerations rather than quarterly profits, which seeks to better people's lives and the planet rather than destroy them. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
  I'm asking you in your sermons to do the work of the Lord here on earth. I ask for your help in getting that message out urgently tomorrow. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-17-2017, 06:48 AM
  I've chosen not to challenge the rule of law, because in our system there really is no intermediate step between a Supreme Court decision... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:28 PM