If we are willing to act violently in pursuit of a peripheral interest, everyone can be certain that, when a vital interest is at stake... - Adam Gopnik Quotes
Quote:If we are willing to act violently in pursuit of a peripheral interest, everyone can be certain that, when a vital interest is at stake, we will be still more violent. 'Credibility' is defined as the willingness to kill a lot of people now for a not very good cause to assure the world that we'll kill a lot more people if we can find a better one. - Adam Gopnik Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Either I act or I die. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 6 Today, 07:13 AM
Last Post: soni
  The difference between the actor and the painter is that the actor would buy somebody a knish in order to have them watch him act. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 Today, 07:07 AM
  I don't think the discus will ever attract any interest until they let us start throwing them at one another. - Al Oerter Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 07:46 PM
  My mum had a cousin that had played when he was younger. When I showed an interest in drumming, he showed me how to mummy-daddy... - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 09:56 AM
  The truth is that we're at a critical juncture in the history of our species and if we don't act soon, we could inhabit a world... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 13 08-18-2017, 10:23 PM