Writing well isn't just a question of winsome expression, but of having found something big and true to say and having found the right words... - Adam Gopnik Quotes
Quote:Writing well isn't just a question of winsome expression, but of having found something big and true to say and having found the right words to say it in, of having seen something large and having found the right words to say it small, small enough to enter an individual mind so that the strong ideas of what the words are saying sound like sweet reason. - Adam Gopnik Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ...she felt about reading what some writers felt about writing: that it was impossible not to do it and that at this late stage of her life she had been chosen to read as others were chosen to write. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 24 09-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Last Post: soni
  To begin with, it's true, she read with trepidation and some unease. The sheer endlessness of books outfaced her and she had no idea how to go on; there was... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:07 PM
  All the effort went into getting there and then I had nothing left. I thought I'd got somewhere, then I found I had to go on. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:05 PM
  I'm all in favour of free expression provided it's kept rigidly under control. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
  Kafka could never have written as he did had he lived in a house. His writing is that of someone whose whole life was spent in apartments... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM