I am a pastor, and I teach and preach the Bible to my congregation every week. But the Bible is not a manufacturer's handbook... - Adam Hamilton Quotes
Quote:I am a pastor, and I teach and preach the Bible to my congregation every week. But the Bible is not a manufacturer's handbook. Neither is it a science textbook nor a guidebook for public policy. - Adam Hamilton Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never read the Bible as if it means something. Or at any rate don't try and mean it. Nor prayers. The liturgy is best treated and read as if it's someone announcing the departure of trains. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: soni
  I used to be a Catholic. I left because I object to conversion by concussion. If you don't agree with what they teach, you get clobbered over the head until you do. All that does is change the shape of the head. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:16 PM
  Techniques are not the most difficult to teach. The attitudes chefs take are much more important. - Alain Ducasse Quotes soni 0 11 09-13-2017, 09:32 PM
  One of the unexpectedly important things that art can do for us is to teach us how to suffer more successfully. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-13-2017, 09:56 AM
  We may not agree with what religions are trying to teach us, but we can admire the institutional way in which they're doing it. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 20 09-12-2017, 07:32 AM