In the 1970s, for example, I found myself learning to relish the poetry of Andrew Marvell and Sir Thomas Wyatt... - Adam Kirsch Quotes
Quote:In the 1970s, for example, I found myself learning to relish the poetry of Andrew Marvell and Sir Thomas Wyatt, and getting a handle on poetry of plainer speech than I had dwelt with heretofore. Which led me into a new appreciation of middle [William Butler ] Yeats, of the short three-beat line and forward-driving syntax, and that paid in, in turn, to a poem like Casualty in Field Work. The traffic, however, was usually the other way. My teaching was animated by what I was reading and being excited by as a poet. - Adam Kirsch Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It used to worry me what people said about me. I'm learning not to worry as much. Sometimes you feel critics are wrong all the time... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 09:50 AM
Last Post: soni
  When I was a younger actor, I would try to keep it serious all day. But I have found, later on, that the lighter I am about things... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 07:07 AM
  I found out how temperamental I am, yes. And that sometimes that can be kind of off-putting. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 06:55 AM
  Yes, my grandfather worked with Thomas Edison on the electric car, and he sold electric cars at the 1900 World's Fair in Paris. - Al Jardine Quotes soni 0 12 08-20-2017, 08:45 AM
  I have found people on both sides of the aisle, white and black, that'll give you the shirt off their back. And I've also found people that won't give you a piece of bread if you're starving to death. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 6 08-19-2017, 06:42 AM