The fiction I've written and published is certainly inflected by the work of authors I was reading or translating at the time... - Adam Morris Quotes
Quote:The fiction I've written and published is certainly inflected by the work of authors I was reading or translating at the time. One of my methods for developing my own voice in fiction, a process I am taking very slowly and deliberately, is through these very intense encounters with certain writers. Strength and power in fiction is being able to resist these intoxicating voices, recognizing that they are the signatures of other writers and not one's own. - Adam Morris Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The next time I will cry is when I die. My life has been that beautiful. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 1 4 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 1 4 hours ago
  There's no one who's dropped on top of the mountain. You've got to work your way to the top. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 2 4 hours ago
  Help one kid at a time. He'll maybe go back and help a few more. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 3 4 hours ago
  Everyone reaches their point in time where either they die or they get sick of doing drugs. It started getting debilitating. I enjoy my music a lot better than my drugs. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 6 Today, 08:59 AM