T's [King James Bible] subject is majesty, not tyranny, and it's political purpose was unifying and enfolding, to elide the kingliness of God... - Adam Nicolson Quotes
Quote:T's [King James Bible] subject is majesty, not tyranny, and it's political purpose was unifying and enfolding, to elide the kingliness of God with the godliness of kings, to make royal power and divine glory into one invisible garment which could be wrapped around the nation as a whole. - Adam Nicolson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every day is Thanksgiving.On this stage you're going to hear God and none of them other words, and I ain't going to touch my stuff. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 11:16 PM
Last Post: soni
  I don't know where we got the notion that God wants us to suffer. Every living thing tends toward the good or we would have been gone a long time ago. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 11:04 PM
  Try to distill the character of your subject. Understand how he moves, thinks, acts. It's difficult to put into words... - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 07:02 AM
  Trials can be hard, if you don't know God. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 06:54 AM
  The Internet empowers individuals to play a more active role in the political process, as Obama's campaign has manifested. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 07:17 AM