The wish to be understood may be our most vengeful demand, may be the way we hang on, as asults, to our grudge... - Adam Phillips Quotes
Quote:The wish to be understood may be our most vengeful demand, may be the way we hang on, as asults, to our grudge against our mothers; the way we never let our mothers off the hook for their not meeting our every need. Wanting to be understood, as adults, can be our most violent form of nostalgia. - Adam Phillips Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you want your energy bills to go up, you should support an ever greater dependence on foreign oil, because the rate of new discoveries is declining as demand in China... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The climate crisis requires a bottom-up, grassroots demand for solutions because the elites in many parts of the world are under the influence of old industry. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:37 AM
  Believe in the power of your own voice. The more noise you make, the more accountability you demand from your leaders, the more our world will change for the better. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-13-2017, 04:15 PM
  I've never understood why we would want to deny all the joys - and the challenges - of marriage to anyone. Which is why I think any loving, committed couple - gay or straight - should be able to get married. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-11-2017, 10:23 PM
  All I ever did was supply a demand that was pretty popular. - Al Capone Quotes soni 0 6 08-09-2017, 06:43 AM